Associate - Director KPMG
Priyanka Gupta leads a team of ~30 Intellectual property professional supporting 80+ clients across the globe for their patent, trademark, copyright protection and assertion, with the following key metrics:
Intellectual Property identification & protection – Patents, Copyrights, & Trademarks in India, US, UK, Europe, South Africa, Indonesia, and GCC
Open-source compliance & policy review – Copyleft licensing with specific requirements on several packages used under GPLV2/V3, EPL V2, Apache, BSD etc. through tool-based analytics
Technology commercialization & licensing - Buying/selling portfolios and/or negotiating the licensing agreements in the domain of 4G/5G, hybrid hydraulic excavators, hydrogen catalyst, and the like
Merger & Acquisition – Contract review, Trade secret identification, source code review, and/or appropriation of related intellectual property assets, IP taxation during assignment
Brand protection – Offline and online counterfeiting through market intelligence and tool-based analytics.
Patent analytics - Patentability searches, invalidation, infringement analysis, patent ranking, Claim/ EoU charting, state of art searches and freedom to operate searches
IP audit – Review of IP policies, budget, R&D versus IP conversion, Confidential information framework etc.
Financial In charge - Net revenue reporting, billing & collections, provisions, working capital and income statement for the business unit.
Connected cars, cloud computing, Artificial intelligence (OCR, data assessment, financial predictions, job assessment, question paper assessment), IoT, wireless communication/4G, software encoding/decoding solutions, block chain and few aspects of chemical additives etc.
- Working on tech transfer and IP protection projects of several publicly listed organizations, PSUs and govt agencies such as
- Engagement manager for the acquisition by Reliance of Embibe India Pvt Ltd. (Source)
- Engagement manager for the technology commercialization projects of IIT Madras (Source)
- Currently working with NIPO on Inventor renumeration law requirement in India
- Published articles and prepared reports on topics related to State of Innovation in India, IPR and Pharmaceuticals, Compulsory Licensing, challenges of online counterfeiting etc. (references will be provided upon request).
- Prior to joining KPMG, Priyanka worked as a pre-sales technical lead with Thomson Reuters for their IP business and started her career with LakshmiKumaran and Sridharan one of the most renowned IP law firm in India.